The S.M. Stoller Corporation was founded in 1959 by Sydney M. Stoller in New York City. The company’s primary mission then and for the next two decades was to provide the commercial nuclear power industry with technical support related to the nuclear fuel cycle and power plant operation.
In 1974, Stoller opened a Western Division office in Boulder, Colorado to better serve our clients in the western U.S.
In 1980, the Western Division office began serving the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) at the nearby Rocky Flats Plant in Golden, Colorado, and other DOE facilities in the western U.S. By 1982, Stoller was formally offering environmental and technical support services to government and private-sector clients. In 1984, the headquarters office was relocated from New York City to Boulder, heralding a new direction for the company. The next decades saw Stoller emerge as a preeminent environmental remediation contractor in the DOE complex.
With headquarters now located in Broomfield, Colorado and 20 offices nationwide, Stoller is well equipped to meet a diverse set of customer needs.
Vision, Mission, and Values
Our Vision: Through sustainable growth, Stoller is a large and diversified company providing solutions to the world’s environmental and land management needs.
Our Mission: Be the leading provider of environmental, nuclear, and technical consulting and engineering services to the DoD, DOE, and private sector.
- Operate with the highest ethical standards with our clients, subcontractors, employees, and the public
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Foster a work environment encouraging innovation and superior technical performance by our staff
- Provide opportunity for individual staff accomplishment and career development
Throughout our 54-year history, Stoller has successfully managed an extensive range of projects from highly complex multi-year remediation of radioactively contaminated structures and soils to short-term evaluations of local groundwater quality in anticipation of commercial construction. We provide a full range of services in support of managing environmental issues for our clients, including:
- Data Management
- Environmental Assessment and Site Remediation
- Geologic and Hydrogeologic Investigations
- Infrastructure and Construction Services
- Landfill and Disposal Cell Design/Operation
- Nuclear Engineering and Energy Market Consulting
- Oil and Gas
- Program and Project Management
- Radioactive and Hazardous Waste Management
- Records Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Assessment
- Site Operations and Management
Stoller manages large, complex contracts with dozens of large and small business subcontractors. We have also joined the Small Business Administration’s mentor/protégé program as a mentor of a small, HUBZone, veteran-owned, certified disadvantaged 8(a) company.